big problems with irradiance map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big problems with irradiance map

I'm rendering a scene where a camera moves up a stair.

I did the whole thing with incremental add. It didn't worked! The first frame was complete crap the las was ok.
    I tried to turn off automatic save, but it didn't saved at all.

I tried to do a new map doing just first and last picture. It was like a ping pong effect. The new image killed the map of the old, even if it looked right in the Irradiance map viewer.

Then I used 'Add to current map', it worked! hurray I could do 3 different shots and everything looked bright... till I tried to render an animation with every 10th frame, Max ALLWAYS!!!!! crashed on the secound frame.

The whole thing seams to be very buggy...

robert
    I'm registed believe me! Just miss that logo.

well. i havent written this tut for a while. what you needed to use is Incremental add to current map turn on the autosave for the irradiance map and you can use the autoload if you want. you need to look in your global settings and turn on the one that says not to render the final frame and just to calculate irradiance map. Render every nth frame at about every 10 frames (this depends on the speed of your camera move). once its finished rendering if you used the autoload your good to go. just turn off the setting you turned on in the global settings and return your nth frame to 1. If you didnt use the autoload go back to your advanced irradiance map settings and change the calculation type to load and go search for where you saved the map. enjoy

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

robert, what did the images look like? what were the steps you followed? have you tried rendering a flythrough before and did it work?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Are you rendering to one box? You can render your IRMAP on one box
        only. If you send it to multiple machines each new calc will overwrite the
        last one.
        "It's the rebels sir....They're here..."

Comment

After struggling with Vray I found the problem.

First of all 'add to current map' don't work if you do a sequence it really crash after the 2th frame.

Next incremental save:
          I did the whole thing, only autosave and do not work correct if you do render it over a network.
          For Example you render every 10th frame, incremental on and autosave on and send the job to your backburner manager. Lets say you render everything on one only network station. IT DO NOT WORK CORRECT!

I did finally render the whole thing on my machine with autosave off. After 5 hours rendering I could save the irradiance map manual! And it worked.

Anyhow, not very comfortable...

regards,

robert
          I'm registed believe me! Just miss that logo.

Comment

Working...
          X