Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Distribute rendering

Hi,

I recently evaluated Vray and forgot to test a couple of things.

Can Vray's distribute rendering handle turning on and off clients during the middle of a render ? Or if a client machine crashes will it continue rendering ?

Does it save tiles to disk in case of a crash ? so it can be picked up where the frame crashed and not having to restart from scratch ?

cheers

Originally posted by Spacelord View Post
    Can Vray's distribute rendering handle turning on and off clients during the middle of a render ? Or if a client machine crashes will it continue rendering?
    If a render server suddenly crashes, it is not a problem; V-Ray will detect this and re-assign the buckets to other machines. If a machine is turned on, it can join a DR render, but only if it was listed on the client to take part in the DR process when the rendering started.

Does it save tiles to disk in case of a crash?
    Yes, if you are saving to a .vrimg file.

so it can be picked up where the frame crashed and not having to restart from scratch?
    Unfortunately this part is not implemented, you'll have to manually specify which parts you want rendered.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      If a render server suddenly crashes, it is not a problem; V-Ray will detect this and re-assign the buckets to other machines. If a machine is turned on, it can join a DR render, but only if it was listed on the client to take part in the DR process when the rendering started.

Yes, if you are saving to a .vrimg file.

Unfortunately this part is not implemented, you'll have to manually specify which parts you want rendered.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      Is this done by render regioning the missing parts ?

Is there any plans for a DR manager for prioritizing machines and renders ?

Comment

Working...
      X