Clouds in VRay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clouds in VRay

After searching around and not coming up with a very good answer to my question, I will try asking you guys. Does anyone know of a good way to create clouds and skies? I am trying to limit the amount of post-processing and photoshopping. I want clouds to be able to be in the background as well as reflect off glass facades, such as the sky behind the camera. Does anyone know a good way to do this besides placing a plane behind the camera and mapping a bitmap?

search around, I've seen a couple tutorials using vrayfog but I would use a Vraydome with a HDRI on it. (faster and easier)
    show me the money!!

Comment

Take a look at this: http://vray.info/tutorials/vrayenvfogclouds/
      Sorrily it increases rendertime.
      Last edited by tehamnes; 08-06-2011, 04:26 PM.

Comment

As much as it pains me to say it, E-on Vue is actually pretty good for clouds, you can even render out a spherical HDRI as well.
        Maxscript made easy....
        davewortley.wordpress.com
        Follow me here:
        facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

I came back to the same conclusion - how do you find the integration with vray if you wanted to render everything in one pass? A big factor is can it take correct motion blur?

Comment

My personal preference is to render out an HDR from vue and a backplate and use this like you would for any pboto match. this means you don't have to usevue xstrem.
            Maxscript made easy....
            Follow me here:
            facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

I getcha - one thing I'll be looking at quite soon will involves objects flying through volumes though so it needs to be able to join together handily enough.

Comment

I have looked into Vue9 before too and I just don't think it is in my budget. It did look pretty cool, but on the PLE of it, I always had problems with it using VRay as the renderer. I will take a look at this tutorial.

Originally posted by tehamnes View Post
                Take a look at this: http://vray.info/tutorials/vrayenvfogclouds/
                Sorrily it increases rendertime.

Comment

Originally posted by dmhokie View Post
                  I have looked into Vue9 before too and I just don't think it is in my budget. It did look pretty cool, but on the PLE of it, I always had problems with it using VRay as the renderer. I will take a look at this tutorial.
                  Well you could buy the Ozone product which is basically just the cloud part of Vue.
                  Maxscript made easy....
                  Follow me here:
                  facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

Comment

Heya

I've struggled with clouds for a long time. And the winning soft was vue in max n vray.

I can render out 10000x6000 pixel size renders with clouds in about 1h using only dual quad core xeon e5530.

Its pretty funny how 3ds max n vray can get it rendered in 1h when vue itself need...weeks....

GL
                    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Working...
                    X