Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have sofware upgrade $$$ burning a hole in your pocket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have sofware upgrade $$$ burning a hole in your pocket?

This is definitely pissing off some friends of mine that recently purchased Autodesk products at full price (like Max and AutoCAD), but Autodesk has some new pricing models for their new design 'suites'. Sort of like the Adobe Suites now. I am not pushing anyone to upgrade but be sure to check out the new pricing before making a mistake and paying full price or regular upgrade price for anything. Its all kind of confusing and you may need to talk with a 'reseller' (I left off the 'value added').

It turns out, i can upgrade my expired AutoCAD subscription and then upgrade to the new 3dsMax Design 2012 as part of a design suite for less than half the cost of buying Max standalone. I am not thrilled with the never-ending costs of Autodesk products. But since they are an indispensable part of my workflow, these new upgrades make it a little less painful (just a little). I am particularly excited about the potential of viewport improvements in Max 2012 compared to 2010....
    • Dual 3.47 ghz Hex Core Xeon CPUs; 96GB Ram; SSD Drive; 3dsMax 2020; V-Ray; Sketchup 2020
    • Love these Plugin/Scripts: ForestPro, RailclonePro, Soulburner, Populate Terrain
Working...
X