Vray 2.0 new features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 2.0 new features

Is there a guide somewhere that explains the new features and why they are there? I know theres the guide over at spot3d but it doesnt really give an explanation of how and where to use some of the new features. I keep noticing new things and i am like "where did that come from" I check the help file and it doesnt really tell me much. I know you have some youtube videos of some of the main features. But there are still some I dont know how to use.

For example dim distance in the material editor. Unless I am blind I never noticed that before. Also you can now load in lens files to the Vray camera. Unless i actually went hunting for people already talking about these new features i wouldn't know what they were. It would be great to get a welcome pack or something upon purchase giving examples of the new features. Much like Autodesk 3ds Max does.

Does it exist and I just haven't been given the memo? I hate not knowing what something does. When your busy with work its hard to find the time to experiment with new features so it would be good to given an example and you can then go ok, i could use that in my work flow.

For a list of the new features, look at the changelog - everything is in there. There are videos for some of the new features on our YouTube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChaosGroupTV?blend=3&ob=5 (scroll down to the videos of V-Ray 2.0 for 3ds Max).

Best regards,
    Vlado
    Last edited by vlado; 17-06-2011, 05:46 AM.
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for the YouTube link. When you say change log, are you referring to this? http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/200R1/

Comment

Nope; when you install V-Ray, at the last step of the installer you are given the option to view a readme file and a change log file - the second one is the one I'm referring to. You can also find it in Start Menu > Programs > Chaos Group > V-Ray for 3ds Max > Documentation > Change log for V-Ray for 3ds Max.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X