Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• licenserve via internet

hi
    is it possible to get vray license via internet ?
    i am at home and forget my dongle quite often so I wonder if could I somehow setup my home pc to access the lic at work

andre

I don't think so... I think the suggested solution is VPN.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Well you are free to serve your license without VPN if i am not mistaken, but it doesn't really sound like a good idea. An grabbing your license via VPN is actually grabbing your license via the internet, no ?

Regards,
      Thorsten

Comment

Logmein hamachi was free for me, and worked flawlessly as a really easy way to do it. You'll be assigned an ip that logmein manage internalyl so instead of using a machine name and port number to find your vray license, you set up hamachi on the work computer running your vray license server with the dongle plugged in, connect to that machine via hamachi (it's really easy - no configuration) and then use the ip address that hamachie assigned plus 30303 or whatever the default vray port is as your license server.

https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi2/

Comment

Yes, i'm also using hamachi for vray on the laptop. Works great, but you will have to leave your computer with the dongle running...
          Marc Lorenz
          ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
          www.marclorenz.com
          www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

hamachi, although has worked for me, has caused me major graphics issues. I use Cisco's VPN client and then I use Remote Desktop. I do have to change MAX's graphics driver when I work remotely.
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com
            e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
            phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
            • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
            • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Sorry, hamachi as a pure vpn client for mapping drives and also letting you use a license is fine but you're right about something like a remote desktop app instead - it can mess with your viewports. There is a command that'll let you change this and enable any app that uses "overlay" to have an accelerated viewport of any kind or video window but it's different for every remote control software.

Comment

I'm using RealVNC for remote desktop. It also works over a hamachi connection. It's much more stable and convenient than the windows remote desktop, although that one works too over hamachi, but it logs off the current user when connecting and doesn't work with directx viewports, last time I checked.
                Marc Lorenz
                ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
                www.marclorenz.com
                www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

We used hamachi here, still do for some things. Never failed us.

Comment

Working...
                  X