No announcement yet.

anybody using Max6 & Vray ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I switched over to max 6 last week, everything has gone smoothly, only one machine kept crashing and since we updated the graphics driver that is sorted too...

Maybe try updating the graphics card drivers?

Cheers

Neil

Comment

Hi Robert,

(I thought I had answered to this thread before, but seems I did not)
      VRay working perfectly with max6 in production for a significative time now (through all the beta).

NOT any major problems all this time

Only issues I've found is that if while rendering, go to Frame Buffer window, and pan and zoom in and out, the rendering may crash (not always), The Architectural Materials that DO work with VRay do not show as they should in the material Editor. Other than that it behaves for me exactly the same it does for VIZ4 in the same system.
      System is very stable

I am using 1.09.03i (which may be a build growing old)
      I am not using DR, but standard netrendering works as expected.
      My works is basically arch. viz. still renderings, and some simple walktrhoughs.

My problem with VRay is the high poligon frontier, but that I konw is soon to be open free

System:
      Dual AMD 2000+ on Tyan Tiger MPX
      2 gigs DDRAM
      80 Gb IDE HD
      GeForce 4 Ti 4800SE GPU using Nvidia Detonator & Open GL
      Win 2K SP3

Fermí Bertran

Comment

Max 6 version??

Am I missing something here - there seems to be no advanced versions available for download? I was after a Max 6 compatible one.

thnx
        Jim

Comment

Jim,

VRay advanced 1.09.03m is been available for download since September.
          May be the other versions are not ready yet.

Fermí

Comment

Working...
          X