Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which 3ds Max version are you using?

Hello guys,

We are trying to figure out if we need to support older 3ds Max versions; I've put together a short survey over at zoomerang about which 3ds Max version(s) you are using (more than one answer is possible). It will be helpful if you can give us some feedback.

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22CP52JZ794

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

At my day job (FX for games) we use 2008 and 2010. (Because we have to support proprietary plugins that don't get updated more than once every ten years.) We don't even own anything past 2010.

At my night job (teaching at the local AI college) we use 2011. We have no plans to ever install 2012, as the 2012 suite created way too many headaches for the IT crew and graphics compatibility.

At home I use 2010. Works fine for me.

I did the survey but figured I should mention the different areas it gets used in my life and how.
    Last edited by Deflaminis; 09-07-2011, 11:23 PM.

Comment

I did.

I'm using 2012 most, but recently there are so many random crash occured during V-Ray rendering. I don't know what is the problem. Max? V-Ray or H/W problem? I don't know. :-/
      :: twitter :: Portfolio :: My 3D Products :: ...and ::

Comment

Max 2012 (not design)

Cheers
        max2012 - vray 2.20.03

Comment

Originally posted by sandykoufax View Post
          I did.

I'm using 2012 most, but recently there are so many random crash occured during V-Ray rendering. I don't know what is the problem. Max? V-Ray or H/W problem? I don't know. :-/
          If you are getting random crashes, it might mean that there is a hardware problem; it would be best to check your memory for errors and the CPUs for overheating. Other than that, if you have the crash dumps from 3ds Max, you can send them to me at vlado@chaosgroup.com and I'll take a look a them.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

here 3dsmax9 for project I started some years ago but for new projects with new furniture style I started to use 3dsmax 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
              If you are getting random crashes, it might mean that there is a hardware problem; it would be best to check your memory for errors and the CPUs for overheating. Other than that, if you have the crash dumps from 3ds Max, you can send them to me at vlado@chaosgroup.com and I'll take a look a them.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Thank you very much.

I'll send you the dump file when crash again.( I cannot find the file location now.)

I've sent it to Autodesk several times, but they didn't any mail so far. :-/

Comment

I am using 3ds Max 2011.
                And sometimes 3ds Max 2009.
                for my blog and tutorials:
                www.alfasmyrna.com

Comment

Max 2011 Design Here. We've had 2012 since it came out (on subscription) but it's difficult to migrate to the newest version when the 3rd party addons lag behind, plus you typically pay upgrade fees and when it comes time to convincing the Boss to do this in a down economy (when visuals are slow and cut throat) ya right! We've basically got an every 2 to 3 release version upgrade schedule because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    I've sent email to you.

Thanks.

Comment

I’m currently using 2010……………It works for my shop. I’m always extremely skeptical about upgrading to a newer version. Yea you get the latest and greatest features, however, it also comes with the latest and greatest set of problems. Besides, depending on your line of expertise, it may not be required to have the newest thing.

I would be curious to see the answers to this question. What is or was your favorite version of Max? I have been in the business for over a decade now. I started out using 3d Studio R4 and then migrated to Max 1 and on from there. I have seen a lot of changes in technology over the years but I would half to say my favorite version was Max R8. It was fast and stable. It seems the fancier the developers try to get with the software, the more sluggish it becomes. At times I think simplicity is better.

Scott

Comment

Took the survey. Using 2011 Design x64 here.
                        Colin Senner

Comment

9 was my favorite. Not as stable as 8, but pretty darn close and blazing fast...Unfortunately I can't live without Set Flow and Flow Connect anymore though and I don't want to redownload Orion Flame .
                          Colin Senner

Comment

Vlado,

I think I found the reason of my problem (Memory error)
                            When after solve this problem, I'll report it again.

Sorry for the disturbance of thread.

================================================== ==

You're right, Vlado.
                            It's due to Memory problem.
                            I changed one of my RAM with new one, now no problem so far.
                            Last edited by sandykoufax; 15-07-2011, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Rebus Farm
                              statistic for 01.01.2011 - today

max9 4,30%
                              max2008 1.04%
                              max2009 18.40%
                              max2010 27.00%
                              max2011 44.45%
                              max2012 4,67%

Comment

Working...
                              X