cant display HDRI in viewport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant display HDRI in viewport

I used to be able to display Vray HDRI in the viewport background, but since upgrading to 3ds Max 2012 it wont display, it just displays nothing. I read that there are elements of Vray that are not supported by the Nitrous viewport? That would explain why my HDRI doesn't show up in the background.

What is the resolution of the HDRI map? It works fine for the viewports, but apparently only until a certain map size.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Its 3000 x 1500. I switched to DirectX and it displayed fine.

Comment

yes I have same problem. Seems nitrous is too "new" for everything to work as expected
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

Thats good to know, I have had some people come back to me and say that HDRI images do show up in Nitrous. So I was a little confused, but it may be as Vlado has suggested the resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
            What is the resolution of the HDRI map? It works fine for the viewports, but apparently only until a certain map size.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            To me the resolution is of no importance - it just doesn't work at all, no matter map size. I've tried on several machines, new and old, ATI and Nvidia - same issue on all of them. Nitrous + VRayHDRI as background doesn't work.
            Would be very glad if you could look into it, and make it work. (I have installed servicepacks and hotfixes, but that didn't work either.)
            www.whiteview.se

Comment

Can you get me a scene with the issue, so that we can reproduce the problem?

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Nevermind, one of our developers could reproduce it; it will be fixed, but for the moment it looks like there isn't much you can do on your end. I'll let you know when it's done.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Nice!Looking forward to the update.
                  In the meantime, using a JPG version of the HDR map in the env slot for the viewport background, and using the environment overrides in the render settings (with the HDR maps) is the best work-around I could come up with. Just remember the standard spherical projection (using a normal 3dsmax bitmap map) has a different starting postition for the tiling than the VrayHDRI. Adding 90 degrees to the VrayHDRI horizontal rotation makes them line up correctly.

(Notable is also that the VrayHDRI won't show up in the viewport even if I load a JPG instead of an HDR file.)
                  www.whiteview.se

Comment

I have had some recent reports of people still having issues with this. Has it been fixed yet? I think it has so it could be a different issue.
                    Last edited by ; 21-09-2012, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Nevermind fixed

Comment

Working...
                      X