Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3D Animated proxy's... Walking (people) along paths / On Landscape that isn't Flat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D Animated proxy's... Walking (people) along paths / On Landscape that isn't Flat...

Hi Guys, I'm new to the animated side of things so please bare with me.

I'm trying to get 3d people to walk around my animated scene, we bought some people pre-rigged, and I'm using some BIP's we bought too to animate the skins, this has worked. We then converted the mesh into a animated Proxy, this also works great and when we bring it into the scene all works fine.

The problem is the model walks in a straight line, How can I get it to follow a path? - I've been all over the net and it suggests getting it so the model it self doesn't leave the spot, just walks on the spot sort of thing...and then constrain that to a path (I would use the straight line animation as it is if the landscape is flat, but unfortunately it's not).

Does anyone know where we can get BIP's of people walking, but just on the spot? - I've tried editing the sequence manually, but if I remove the one causing the person to move forward it ruins the way they walk and look slightly retarded!

any help much appreciated.

**EDIT - I guess it's worth mentioning why I put it in this forum, it's because I'm using the Vray Proxy animation tool for my people, I was just wondering if anyone has done something similar before?

a
    Last edited by JOAN_LORD; 26-07-2011, 12:17 AM.
Working...
X