Maya and V-Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maya and V-Ray

Before the updating of the site of www.vrayrender.com one could read about current platforms reffering to V-Ray: 3DS MAX, VIZ4. One could also read about FUTURE platforms: Maya. There is not such information on the current homepage any more. Does it mean there are no plans to make V-Ray for Maya any more??? Please Help!

There are plans for a Maya port, we are just waiting until we have some more definite information to announce.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I suspect more than a few of us a waiting, Vlado. Good to hear it's moving along.

Peter

Comment

i've heard that there will be more news on that in the beginning of 2004.

Let's hope it's good news and let's hope it will be finished for Maya and
        and renders faster then lighting !

Comment

There are plans for a Maya port, we are just waiting until we have some more definite information to announce
          I hate to bother you with pesky questions, but...

Does that mean you guys are still thinking about it or has the actual development begun?

I'm sure Discreet would love Vray for Maya
          www.rayduststudios.com

Comment

If the people behind vray want more exposure they should set themselfs up like Mental Ray - crossplatform.

But only if they want more people using it

Comment

But only if they want more people using it
              I would say "But only if they want Vray to be used in heavy post-production". Renderfarms, etc, etc.

Comment

any news about vray for maya?

Comment

any news ???

yeah that´s what I have kept asking for weeks.
                  Unfonuately I haven´t received any answers yet.

I hope they will give us some more infos.
                  Maybe when will be a beta out???

Comment

any new news about vray for maya?

Comment

dear chaosgroup,

for the number of posts people on this tread have, I'm not the only maya user who registered just to get some news on the porting of vray for maya.

you sirs are to blame for the only fault on my maya versus max discussion, and thats not good.

the new alias' policy made maya available to other than movie and special fx works, so I think vray for its qualities could be a quite sucessfull renderer.

but timing is essencial, I'm sure you are aware of the arnold (now messiah) and final render stories.

best of luck

Comment

vs, did you try reading the announcement section on this forum. it's only a few days ago new info about maya and vray was released.

/Thomas
                        www.suurland.com
                        www.cg-source.com
                        www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

thanks Thomas, I missed the announcement awright.

great news, I'm looking forward its release.

Comment

a lot of us are...

would the maya renderer be part of the standalone approach and therefore covered by a floating license server or would the maya version require a specific and seperate license?
                            Digital Progression

Comment

Lots of chaos...

After reading the one of the annoucements (Important V-Ray 1.5 announcement) I felt very happy: ) . Not only me I suppose It is enough to surf a little bit through various 3d forums and find threads about (yet not existing...!) relations between Maya and VRay... So one must say that Vray makes lots of chaos even if it does not exist (Still there is no Vray for Maya, does it?... )
                              Here are samples of the past threads about the non-existing relations:
                              http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php...ight=maya+vray

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php...ight=maya+vray

http://sv1.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showth...ight=maya+vray

http://sv1.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showth...ight=maya+vray

http://www.highend2d.com/boards/show...&Number=128118

Comment

Working...
                              X