Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Reflection/specular layers.

Hello Everyone,

I'm a bit puzzled as to the methodology involved behind creating certain materials using Max/Vray. Basically the Vray material seems a bit limited and I've been trying to work out how one would go about using the Vray map for general subtle reflections (blurry low intensity etc), and then adding adding another reflection layer for use as a glancing highlight with differing attributes (more bump for example, different glossi values and the use of a falloff map for the glancing effect).

I thought about using a blend material or composite maps but all they seem to do is mix all attributes of both maps when all I want it just the extra specular/reflection hit whilst retaining all the other properties of the material.. diffuse, translucency and such.

If I used standard max materials and wanted multiple specular layers with different glossiness it would be pretty simple as I could just opt for the multi-layer shader/material etc.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like such control and if anyone knows of a way it's possible I'd appreciate some info!

Thanks in advance

JK

P.S I get the feeling I may be overlooking something completely and there's probably a simple solution as it seems to me to be something that would be quite a common requirement.

Sorry, no simple solution

Use the shellac or blend material then use the BlurBeta Highlight Only in one of your sub-material slots.

--Jon

Comment

Working...
    X