NOT REALLY VRAY RELATED MORE MODELING RELATED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOT REALLY VRAY RELATED MORE MODELING RELATED

I have read many times on this forum that one way to help create nice images is to bevel or chamfer teh corners of objects since in reality no object is purely a sharp edge such as in 3D modeling. I generally create my objects in autocad using polylines then extrude in viz. Is there a modfifier that allows for the chamfering of corners since when i select my objects the chamfer and fillet and other similar modifiers cant be used they are greyed out. Any suggestions anyone?
    thanks in advance

Jon Seagull's "bevel lite" http://www.jonseagull.com/downloads.shtml for the top edges and for inside corners You can chamfer the splines at the vertices.
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

im using viz 4 and it doesnt seem to work.. is there a way i have my model already extruded. I want to round the edges on objects already extruded.. can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Depending on how the geometry was modeled it can be tough. There is a third party plug-in called F-Edge that can do this as a shader.
        Two heads are better than one ...
        ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

AHH OK SO I HAVE TO ROUND EDGES AT THE POLYLINE LEVEL

THANKS

Comment

I have an Idea of how to script this, I'll let you know if it works
            Eric Boer
            Dev

Comment

I often seem to run in the same problem....I use CAD and viz 4.....I've tried f-edge and it doeas the trick - to a degree, sometimes it does weird effects.....and it seem pretty expensive if one owns viz and not max licences.....

any quick/good solutions would be appreciated, especially if applied to extruded geometry..

thanks,

paul.

Comment

Working...
              X