Bake3d - Color mapping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bake3d - Color mapping?

Am i missing something or bake3d doesn't work with exposure?

i think vray doesnt work with exposure full stop
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

And just what do you mean by that?!

Comment

He means Vray doesn´t take Max´ the exposure control settings into account when rendering. The color mapping feature of Vray might work though. Did you try that?

Stefan
        Stefan Kubicek
        www.keyvis.at

Comment

Read the topic, bake3d - color mapping i think thats how is vray's feature called. And still i think that's called exposire, linear, logarithmic and this new thing HSV exposure?
          Right?!?

Max's exposure is a different thing, it works with max's radiosity which means vertex lighting.....

Anyway, i did try it with color mapping feature, i shot a bunch- a lot, of photons into this test room, using two direct lights to shine through windows as the sun and two vray lights at each window. I got the lighting set perfectly with logarithmic exposure, the direct lights multipliers are 3 i think, and vray lights are 3-4.
          Exposure set to 5. The scene looked nice, with no overburn's, will post a picture soon.

Anyway, i tried bake3d, and it rendered it like there was no exposure, the area in front of the window is nicely lit, and the rest of the walls are dark.
          Then i increased "photon multiplier" to around 4-5 like the exposure. Everything was fine except for the window which is pure white.

Comment

Working...
          X