No announcement yet.

VrayLightSelect and Photoshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did not watch the video to be honest hehe. As said earlier in the thread, recreating the beauty from lightselects works only if every light is in minimum ONE Lightselect and none is in two. GI needs to be added on top and is not seperated by light or part of the lightselects.

Regards,
    Thorsten

Comment

It does not contain GI at all i'd say.
      Did they even say it would? I would think it would be direct and not effect GI, although it would be nice if there was a way to link the two somehow.

Preferably, I wish there was a way to do this directly in the VFB - control the various VrayLightSelects with a simple exposure slider instead of having to jump through other programs to get this done. It would be a killer feature.
      LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
      HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
      Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Originally posted by jujubee View Post
        Did they even say it would?
        Nope, pixela said it would

Comment

Originally posted by jujubee View Post
          Preferably, I wish there was a way to do this directly in the VFB - control the various VrayLightSelects with a simple exposure slider instead of having to jump through other programs to get this done. It would be a killer feature.
          yes, that would be extremely useful, and it's basically what renderers like maxwell does.. even though I'd still prefer to do it in post, if vray could output different elements for the whole contribution of any single light in scene.

Comment

I mean GI pass is always every light is on. So when you have the lightselect pass for light A + GI pass, GI pass contains other lights too unless you turned them off each.
            I think it would be great, if there is a lightselect pass which contains GI for each light as well.
            for my blog and tutorials:
            www.alfasmyrna.com

Comment

Im currently trying to do 2 lightselect passes. One is a collection of lights inside a room (where the light passes through glass), and the other is a vray dome light with a HDRI texture. For the interior lightselect buffer it is completley black, for the exterior dome light it is very very dark. What am I doing wrong ?
              Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

I'm totally with Pixela on this one, that is the functionality I'd like. Wouldn't it make comping sense to include GI pass with the direct light from VRayLightSelect?
                Colin Senner

Comment

Working...
                X