Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soft shadows at corners

helllo mates
    i would like to know if somebody might teach me how to control the amount of soft shadows at corner.. i try to handle with lot of values here, but didnt realize very weel wich one works really at this detail....
    someone could show me the true

thanks in advance
    natal - brazil

You mean GI detail near the corners? Its dist threshold, 1.0 is the highest value, 0 is the lowest one.

Gonçalo

Comment

hey gonçalo,
      thanks by your replay... it was exactlly what i need... if was possible, answer me only one more, tell me: i've trying to achieve the same effect that you get at corners... but without sucess, because here it takes too much time using photon maps. then, i tryed to do it with irradiance.. so,i guess that i need to put 1,0 in dist tresold to get so good corner just like yours, isnt is?

thanks very much
      silver
      natal - brazil

Comment

No, 1 it would slow down a lot the irradiance map, use 0.2 - 0.5 (maximum), usualy 0.2 is good and quite fast... But when using photon map, better to trace more photons, until you get some detail near the corners, or using retrace treshold instead, (I dont use to like it thought)

Good luck

Gonçalo

Comment

thanks again for loose time with ours questions

bye
          silver
          natal - brazil

Comment

Working...
          X