animating grass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• animating grass

has there been a topic about creating animated grass - as though a breeze were blowing it side to side? if not, any suggestions on technique or were to start?

i have to improve upon a crude animation that was started by another firm. they wondered about the ability to have the grass flow as if a breeze were blowing across it.

sean

have you tried grass-o-matic?

http://www.maxplugins.de/r4_files/sisyphus/druid.zip
    Alejandro Gonzalez
    alejandro.gonzalez@zerofractal.com
    Zerofractal - Visual Communications
    New Website! www.zerofractal.com

Comment

that's what i have used in the past to create grass for stills. and now that you mention it again, i just remembered that it has the dial for 'wind'.

thanks!
      sean

Comment

As long as Grass or Hair don't move, you are the winner. You can make perfect animation with incremental GI maps.
        But If it moves, you are lost!
        It's like switching from irradiance map to direct comp. in time and effort. Try using Shag:Hair as environment effect, it's the only way to get this going.

Side note: If you move far away from displacement grass or hair, you need a prman , the AA effort for such a rendering is to much for a raytracer.

rober
        I'm registed believe me! Just miss that logo.

Comment

hehe. actually ive done a shot before which was super low angle with a very wide angle lens and there was blowing grass right infront of the camera using grass-o-matic and i just used a new irradiance map per frame with no problems

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

FYI.
            I've experienced some times a bad OSM (object space modifier) with grass-O-matic.

But in most cases, with "no too complicated" scenes, it may work and fit expectations perfectly. plus, the anim settings for the wind are quite good.

Comment

Working...
            X