Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray online license server - how to ?

Heya

Soo I got a little question - is it possible and if yes how - to set up a on-line license server? I just got workstation laptop and even tho all is ok at home on lan I want to be able to use vray out in open. How can we set up license over internet and is there a way to temporary store license so if I lost connection I still can use vray ? Lets say each time vray connect to license it will store it for 1h so I dont have to worry that next time I click render I wont render coz I lost connection... ?

Thanks, bye.
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

There is no problem to access the V-Ray license server over the Internet, although using VPN will be more secure. You just need to set up any firewalls/proxies etc. to allow the corresponding tcp/ip port. You will need a constant internet connection though, we don't have a way to check out a license for disconnected use.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I use hamachi... It's great!!
      show me the money!!

Comment

Mah hamashi ! I just thought of it few mins ago haha !

Any hints on how to start remotely PC ? I can do it on lan but not over internet ;s

Comment

I use logmein Pro, Hamachi and Refamo ( refamo works great after you setup your virtual network in hamachi) ... with logmein you can turn on/off computers if at least one is ON, and of course if they are capable remotely.
          I also have logmein ignition for Iphone.

https://secure.logmein.com/
          Last edited by flino2004; 14-12-2011, 05:52 PM.
          show me the money!!

Comment

we use openVPN, does connect perfect macs and pcs, is via my own server and is free/open source and more secure than hamatchi (which goes over foreign 3rd party servers),
            and refamo for controlling the nodes

cheers
            stefan

Comment

This networking is living hell aaaa !!!!!

I got it to work with hamashi, refamo, teamviewer. But then I start configuring Backburner and all hell break lose aaaa !!

So heres a little map of what I got at home

Click image for larger version

Name:	Network 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	844794

On cable I have all IPV 4 -Vray License work , Backburner work. I can DBR, Send to server and so on all OK.

Once I install hamashi it remakes my connections between Laptop and Workstation to IPV6 (U bastard!!) At this moment my Backburner goes to IPV6 modes. I cant access my slave anymore. But I can access my License and Workstation.

The problem is that I cant connect my slave IPV 4 to Backburner in IPV6 mode wrrr !!

And this is the only way I can use vray license via hamachi and create network connection...

How else can I make hamachi use IPV4 or how do I make my slave work in IPV6 ? But then I also need to configure my nas to IVP6 too right? :/

Ideally I would just run all under IPV4... I try to set network in hamachi to only IPV4 but either I do something wrong or its not working

Thanks ,bye.

Comment

the only thing that you have to do is setting the new IPs provided for Hamachi....so vray license goes thru hamachi, the connection from your laptop to the BB manager goes via hamachi but your farm internally is local....the nodes only uses the virtual network to get the vray license. ....When I installed all that I didn't pay attention of IPv6 or IPv4.

What I have is like this:

Main workstation and farm are connected via local network (wired) with my NAS (2) ...My laptop connects to them via Hamachi when I work remotely...the vray dongle is with me (in my laptop), so all machines find the license via hamachi.
                when I send a rendering to my farm, I copy all the files from my laptop to my network using Logmein Pro....my laptop has the same structure (drives) like my wired network.....the MAX file where I send the rendering has only cameras, lights and XREFS so the file is very small, when you send a rendering thru BB, MAX only send the small file very quick because I previously transfer the xref to my network.....when the renderings are done, I use Logmein Pro to transfer them to my laptop or you can use Refamo to control one computer and upload the images to a FTP and you can download them where you are.

I assume you could reduce the problems if you have a fix IP.

Fernando
                Last edited by flino2004; 15-12-2011, 11:31 AM.
                show me the money!!

Comment

Heya

Thanks for info ! Its quite interesting - so your backburner dont change to IPV6 once hamachi is installed? My backburner goes to ipv6 and all goes to hell if it only stay in ipv4 I would have no problems. Is there a way to force BB to ipv4?

Also I'm using team viewer for remote control - is log me in any better ?

Thanks bye.

Comment

I haven't used Teamviewer so I can't tell you... I got logmein because they have an iphone/ipad app, because I prefer to have the same line of products from the same company so I don't have to deal with "it is not our fault, it's the other application" and viceversa.
                    regarding remote control I'm using refaMo once Hamachi is running..... and about BB you may have 2012, I'm installing 2012 max with the old BB.
                    show me the money!!

Comment

Working...
                    X