Easynat with Max6 and Vray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easynat with Max6 and Vray

Has anyone had much experience with the 'free' Easynat from Bionatics that ships with Max6?

I have an architectural scene with some 800,000 polygons in it with vray materials applied to everything. When I insert a simple Easynat plant - a basic 2D type - I get hangs in Max and it usually (if not always) craps out!

Anyone have any tests on stability with it or am I going wrong somewhere?

It renders with the current light and render setup and makes a tree out of the rendering. I ran into the same problem as you. I figured out that i can set it to default scanline renderer and normal raytrace shadows on the main light when i insert the 2d easynat trees. This was just a simple work-around just for my testing purposes, never really got to spend much time with it. You will also want to turn off the "receive shadows" for those simple 2d trees. Please post your solution if you figure out how to use vray as the renderer for the simple 2d trees.
    Ben Steinert
    pb2ae.com

Comment

vlado - any help on this? Is easynat compatible with Vray?

Comment

We use natFX, easyNat's big brother and have had a few problems. The work around we found was to build the trees in a separate max file and either merge the trees in or save them to pool(not sure if you can do this in easynat) and then reload from pool into the scene.

Another speed up is to set the trees to not to receive shadows....

Hope this helps.

Comment

cheers e3d - I'll give the 'save in a different file' a try - good idea!

Comment

Working...
          X