No announcement yet.

Distributed Rendering - Black Squares!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed Rendering - Black Squares!

I just submitted this to tech support - but since I need to have this done by tomorrow I thought that I would check with everyone in the forum. As you can see from the attachment - I am having issues with my Distributed Rendering. The maps are all fine - but there is a major issue with lighting!! There no doubt is a simple solution... I have searched the forums & the web & I cannot figure it out. I have used the method of saving the irradiance & light cache files to the network drive and also left that unchecked - no difference. Please help if you can! Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hello! I reverted to VRay 2.2 & my distributed rendering is working perfectly.
    Evidently it is a 2.3 issue? Thanks

Comment

It works fine here in my tests; next time you get to it, turn on the "Check for missing files" option and see if you get error messages from the render servers.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Are you using xref scenes?
        Kind Regards,
        Richard Birket
        ----------------------------------->
        http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
          Are you using xref scenes?
          Yes, I am using an fbx from REVIT. I am also using iToo Forest Pack. There were a lot of variables that I have been troubleshooting. Since my initial post, I started to get the black squares in my VRay 2.2 install also. It was very unusual, because it worked fine after I reverted from 2.3 back down to 2.2. So, after many hours of troubleshooting, I found out that it is a network issue. 2 of the slaves were not set up to use a password when they logged on, because they were to be nodes w/out monitors. Apparently the lack of a password was preventing it from being properly registered on the network. (Even though they had unhindered access to the shared network drive and they would respond to the requests from the Workstation to ATTEMPT to render.) Upon adding the password, I immediately noticed a cleaner run in the VRay log. I will test everything fresh today and I will post if there are any issues.
          Thank you very much for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X