Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World based normal pass

Heya

Is it possible to render a normal map pass using word coordinates so I can use it for lighting animation? The normal map in elements is changing as the camera changes for the moment...

Thanks, bye...

Oh btw its quite urgent!
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Use the VRaySamplerInfo render element, set the Type to "Normal vector" and leave the coordinate system to "World"

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks, and done =D looking sweet ! What does the other parameters do? The reflection and refraction?

The normal bump come out black - is that normal ?

Comment

Reflection and Refraction outputs according vectors. e.g. the eye vector reflected by the surface vector.

Regards,
        Thorsten

Comment

Humh, never really hear of it, how am I about of using that in PS? I gotta do a test render see what it actually looks like...

Comment

You don't i guess. You could use that normal directly to cast into an environment map without having to reflect the eye vector...not in PS tho heh

Comment

I'm guessing its NUKE + re-reflecting and refracting items in post?

Comment

For example. You do not necessarily need these passes tho. Given WorldPos, WorldNormal and the camera they can easily be calculated in post. Or based on Cam, Z and Normals etc. Given the Cam and ANY positional pass (including Z) and ANY consistent normalpass you can calculate any other. So more of a convenience thing hehe.

Regards,
                Thorsten

Comment

Working...
                X