Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vraydisplacementmod Luminance Center

Hi!

I've created a displacement map in mudbox: black is a hole, middle gray no change, white the mesh go up.
    Using the 3dsmax displace modifier I've to check the "luminace Center" and set it to 0.5.

Using the Vraydisplacementmod what's the method?

I'm playing with "Shift" "Water Level" and "Texmap min/max" to have the same result but with not success.

Thanks a lot!

P.s.
    What about if I use the Displacement material slot? It consider automatically "luminance center" to 0.5?

You must set the Shift to minus half of the displace amount. So if your displacement Amount is 3.0, you must set the Shift to -1.5

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Which reminds me it would be nice to have a "normalize" checkbox (or some word better describing the feature) that does that automatically. So when tweaking the displacement strength you don't always have to re-adjust shift too.

Kind Regards,
      Thorsten

Comment

Originally posted by instinct View Post
        Which reminds me it would be nice to have a "normalize" checkbox (or some word better describing the feature) that does that automatically. So when tweaking the displacement strength you don't always have to re-adjust shift too.

Kind Regards,
        Thorsten
        +1 Great idea.
        Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
        e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Working...
        X