Weird differnce between 2 renderings method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird differnce between 2 renderings method

I am encountering a weird behaviour. I am trying to render a camera motion with IRR and LC. I did this millions of times - Precalcing the maps. When i use Very Low Preset for IRR and LC with 600 samples it looks good. When i pump up the settings to medium animation and 6000 samples, then precalc the irr maps for 1250 frames, which is a slow movment. i get noise on my objects. I did this scene so many times and it worked flawless.
    Left side is single frame, right side with noise
    Click image for larger version

Name:	difference.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	876334
    this is with standard vray shader
    Click image for larger version

Name:	difference_specs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	876335

Using Max 2012 x64
    I recently installed 2.30.1 x64.

Anymore infos need let me know!

cheers ralf
    Last edited by k-arts; 25-05-2012, 12:05 PM.

Are there any overlapping faces in that area?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I have checked for overlapping and there are none. I am trying now irr and brute force and it works. I guess it is the LC then that makes it all weird but i dont know why. Very strange behaviour.

Comment

Ok; well if you have a chance to send me just a part of the scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com it will be useful to troubleshoot it.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Email has been send. For me it looks like that samples are being projected on the geometry somehow. Very weird behaviour. Are there any options being enabled in the new version that werent enabled prior to this release concerning the LC? Maybe Iam missing one Thx for your help

Ralf

Comment

It seems the the Brute Force approach doesnt fix it. now i am very confused argh.

Comment

I hope I tracked it now down that little bugger. I had a shader tree starting with a composite mat and inside of that were a few shellac materials. So all good now. So dont use Composite-Blend-Shellac, which is very logic, if you think about it

Comment

Working...
              X