Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on rendering Arch and Design materials

Hello all, thanks for peeking in.

I have a project coming up with a razor thin deadline. We have 4 days to texture, clean models, re-texture, light, and render a flythrough of a scene that was originally setup with mental ray for still renders. We've done some testing with MR and we won't be able to get it done in time using it, so we are going to use Vray to render the animation instead. (Naturally, right?)

There is little room for experimentation or error here, and I'm a bit uneasy about it. I've rendered A&D materials before with Vray and it worked rather well with the exception of little things like "cutout", etc. (Totally fine for this.)

Does anyone have an workflow or timesaver tips for me here? I realize it's a broad question but anything helps. I've noticed some scripts on scriptspot the convert A&D to Vray materials, but I've always been a bit skeptical about them. Anyone have experience with those?

Thank you very much for any light you can shed,
    AJ DeFlaminis

There is a script by Stefan Twigt here: http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/sc...rial-converter

I don't have much experience with it though. Is there any issue with just rendering the materials with V-Ray directly?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado!

So far no issue other than Cutout not working with opacity (easy enough to fix that) and interpolation not working properly. (Can't use it for animations anyway...)

Comment

Working...
      X