Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• light cache rendering with 50% cpu usage

Hi,

I am wondering why light cache part renders only with 50% of cpu usage. After going to irradiance phase and final render cpu usage goes to 100%. I am just checking is this normal or can I somehow speed up the light cache part. I am using vray 1.5 sp6 and my processor is intel i2500K.

Check the number of light cache passes and make sure they are at least equal to the number of logical cores.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

have you checked that that the number of passes correspond to the actual number of cpu threads? also, if you're rendering displacement of proxies or instances, do you have a high enough dynamic memory limit?

edit: must be typing faster I guess..
      Last edited by rivoli; 06-06-2012, 03:35 AM.

Comment

LC passes are set to 4. I have 4 cores but I have hyperthreading enabled and thus 8 buckets in IR and final stage. I have 24 mb memory onboard and dynamic memory is set to 16 000.

Comment

setting the passes to 8 should do the trick then..

Comment

It did the trick and it wasn't just a cosmetic trick, the scene actually rendered abit faster. Now my IR phase is the slowest part of the render. Is there any parameter that have just a slight effect on quality but big effect on rendertime? My scattered grass is slow on IR phase but the final render stage goes lightning fast. I am rendering night time exterior. I am just loving vray now. I was previously using Brazil rs2.

Comment

Working...
            X