Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPR render VrayToon

Hello,

I'm looking for some help to achieve a NPR render for different kind of furniture.
    Something like the sample bellow :
    A/ http://j.poitou.free.fr/pro/img-p/tkn/gut-encycl-b.html
    Click image for larger version

Name:	gut-encycl-b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	876361
    or if the first one is too tricky something more simple:
    B/ http://www.123rf.com/photo_9078648_s...cessories.html
    Click image for larger version

Name:	9078648-seamless-background-with-wear-and-accessories.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	876362

As they are 2D drawing, the light is not global on such sample but interpreted by the hand of the arstist or by ilustrator on the second sample. How can we achieve such sort of NPR rendering? Is it possible to render without light at all and used only the vraydirtmap and vraycomptext to simulated shadow?

thanks

without a 3rd party, I don't think you can.
    Originally posted by fraggle View Post
    Hello,

I'm looking for some help to achieve a NPR render for different kind of furniture.
    Something like the sample bellow :
    A/ http://j.poitou.free.fr/pro/img-p/tkn/gut-encycl-b.html
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]10147[/ATTACH]
    or if the first one is too tricky something more simple:
    B/ http://www.123rf.com/photo_9078648_s...cessories.html
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]10148[/ATTACH]

As they are 2D drawing, the light is not global on such sample but interpreted by the hand of the arstist or by ilustrator on the second sample. How can we achieve such sort of NPR rendering? Is it possible to render without light at all and used only the vraydirtmap and vraycomptext to simulated shadow?

thanks
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I think you could get somewhere close to the 2nd image at least by ignoring the beauty pass and using the VrayDiffuseFilter element as the base of your composition and
      then add the shadows by using some derivative of the VrayLighting or VrayShadow elements (assuming you have a light set up in your scene).

You could also incorporate a VrayDirt map in the form of a VrayExtraTex element but the dirt map alone won't generate the shadows as seen on your two examples.

It would probably be wise to set up masks in the form of MultiMatteElements or however you wish so you can control the application of the shadows on the various objects.

This is just a guess but hopefully might get you somewhere!

Comment

For the first "cross hatched" one you could use a VRayBlendMtl.
        For the base material diffuse slot: Use a VRayDirt map. Put a hand drawn cross hatch style map in the occluded colour slot.
        For the coat material use a flat black material, and use a VRayEdgesTex map as the mask.

The VRayEdgesTex will require that your model doesn't have messed up edges all over the place.

You may need to use another hacky method for the edges such as cloning your object, placing a small negative push modifier on it, then selecting all the edges you want to show as lines, and extruding them a small amount.
        Then put a flat black material on this second object and this will get you your edge lines. You can then just put the Cross hatched VRayDirt base material I described earlier on your original object and this will get you there too.

There are many ways to get this kind of look, and it is very dependant on the model.

For the second look I would try something similar to what has been suggested, rendering out various elements such as Diffuse, Lighting and VRayExtraTex(with a VRayDirt map in the slot) and playing with blend modes in photoshop.

You will have to experiment a bit with each method.
        Toucan Creative
        Linkedin Profile

Comment

thanks, will try different approach and cross my finger to find a nice and fast result.

Comment

Working...
          X