DR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR

I have a small render farm, and I just upgraded to 3DS MAX Design 2013. When I submit a job using V-Ray DR, all the machine show all resources being maxed, but I'm only seeing buckets for one of the slaves. So, they are all working hard, but ony one slave is contributing to the render.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Did you run a backburner rendering on those machines? Also, is it always the buckets of one particular machine that you are seeing? What do you see in the V-Ray log files on the other machines?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

These are the same machines I have used since 2010. They always worked, until the upgrade. Do I need to run backburner first? I remember when I first set them up, 3 releases ago, I ran backburner. Yes, the one slave that is working, is alsways the same machine.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

For DR to work with a particular 3ds Max version, you need to run at least one backburner render on those machines with the respective 3ds Max version.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Just out of interest, why is this?
          I don't see the connection between BB and DR.
          Nat Saiger
          Portfolio

Comment

For DR to work, we need to run 3ds Max in slave mode. 3ds Max doesn't want to run in slave mode until at least one backburner render has been done with it. Apparently, some initialization needs to happen for this to work properly and running a backburner render performs this initialization. I do not know what that initialization is - it does not appear documented anywhere - otherwise we would have done it automatically.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Thanks for the info.
              Nat Saiger
              Portfolio

Comment

Working...
              X