Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VRay Message - warning: M "A" (A) is not compatible with V-Ray and may cause problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Message - warning: M "A" (A) is not compatible with V-Ray and may cause problems

I'm getting this message in the V-Ray messages box. Anyone know what is is causing it?

Thanks,
    Dan Brew

It's probably an architectural material or something (or a material beginning with an 'A' in any case); it seems like we missed some Unicode conversions for 3ds Max 2013 and only the first letter of the material name is shown.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Right on both counts Vlado. It was indeed an Architectural material that I had imported by mistake and I am using Max 2013.

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll know what to look for if I see the warning again.
      Dan Brew

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
        It's probably an architectural material or something (or a material beginning with an 'A' in any case); it seems like we missed some Unicode conversions for 3ds Max 2013 and only the first letter of the material name is shown.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        Lol, that is incredible support. You don't even have to post the error, the first letters of the error message will do and Vlado still knows! Man or myth?
        Colin Senner

Comment

Originally posted by MoonDoggie View Post
          Lol, that is incredible support. You don't even have to post the error, the first letters of the error message will do and Vlado still knows! Man or myth?
          Quoted in agreement, Vlado is VRay's unique selling point.
          Dan Brew

Comment

Hehe, in this case I'd simply seen the message before

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
            X