Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reflection problem

Hi,

I don't know why I have such a big problem with window reflections. With brazil 2 I just slapped desired bg in environment slot of brazil 2 glass material. And it worked always ok no matter what. If I put the desired bg in vraymtl environment slot nothing happens. I don't see the reflection. Now I have to use mapped planes that cast reflections, only downside is that I have lots of reflective surfaces and I don't want them to have the bg reflection. Is there an option where I could say that bg plane cast reflections only for windows. So I that I don't have to exclude all the materials manually.

if you put your map into environment slot of the material, there is an environment priority option, under material options in the brdf, you need to set it to 100 in order for your map environment to come through (I believe).
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

I'll give that a try right after one huge render is ready. That was something I wasn't aware of.

Comment

Like Morbid Angel mentioned - it is possible to create custom environment overrides for each VrayMtl by using environment slot map.
        Environment priority - in option tab is used when you have several materials with environment maps overlapping each other - and it determines the environment priority of each of this maps.
        A very important step when you are using environment map with bitmap is to choose the right texture mapping - if you have just plain bitmap choose "screen coordinates" if you have spherical - "spherical coordinates" and etc.
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

I tested it but it's not working. I have domelight with hdri map applied to it. But I don't want the windows to reflect the hdri map. If I use the environment slot and put 100 ton env priority it still reflects the dome hdri map. I am using the bg pic in environment slot in screen mode.

Comment

Is it possible attach a sample scene - and we will try to help you with this set-up.
            Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
            Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

any news yet on this?
              Kind Regards,
              Morne

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar_draganov View Post
                Is it possible attach a sample scene - and we will try to help you with this set-up.
                I can't send the final scene but I'll simplify the scene and attach it then. I guess it's just some simple setting that's causing it but I just can't figure it out.

Comment

Working...
                X