Max "Batch Render..." with V-Ray - Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max "Batch Render..." with V-Ray - Question

I've only recently stumbled across the Batch Render feature of 3ds Max... I'm almost embarrassed to admit it! I can't tell you how many times I've submitted a series of Net Render jobs to Backburner only to realize I screwed up a setting, had Region mode selected in the V-Ray frame buffer, had the wrong V-Ray quality setting selected, frame stamp enabled, etc., only to have to dump the Backburner queue and resubmit my jobs.

So, I'm looking at the Batch Render dialog box. I see you can select the Preset drop-down, but it doesn't see my V-Ray presets. That tells me there is no quick and easy way to select a particular batch job name and change the quality setting. So, what's the best way to go about that?

For example, I have 12 views/cameras (V-Ray Physical Cameras). When I set up the 12 views in Batch Render initially, should I name them "LQ View 1" for Low quality V-Ray settings, then setup another 12 named "HQ View 1" with high quality V-Ray settings? That way it's easy to select the check boxes for the appropriate LQ vs HQ batch render jobs?
    Work:
    Dell Precision T7910, Dual Xeon E5-2640 v4 @ 2.40GHz | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA Quadro P2000 5gb | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB
    V-Ray Benchmark: CPU 00:52 | GPU 00:32

Home:
    AMD Threadripper 1950X 3.4GHz 16-Core | 32GB RAM | (2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB
    V-Ray Benchmark: CPU 00:47 | GPU 00:34
    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kXKcxG

The Batch Renderer works fine with VRay settings. Just save your settings using the preset at the bottom of the render scene dialog. Next time you open the Batch Render box you will see the new preset in the preset drop down.
    Dan Brew

Comment

Working...
    X