Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAXScript access to VRay Light Include/Exclude lists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAXScript access to VRay Light Include/Exclude lists?

After looking at the exposed properties and searching the forum, I cannot find an obvious way to get and set the VRayLight exclude/include lists via MAXScript.

Am I overlooking something?

Thanks in advance,

Bobo

That's because the include/exclude list is not accessible from MaxScript; when I think about it, I don't really know how/if the include/exclude lists of standard max lights are exposed to MXS...

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado,

Kak sme? Vsichko naj-naj prez novata godina!

The include/exclude lists of standard and photometric lights are exposed to MAXScript as properties of the lights. Since there can be either an inclusion or exclusion, when the .excludeList is set to an array of nodes, the .includeList becomes undefined and vice-versa.

The latest Brazil build (1.2.21) also has a couple of functions that let the user get and set exclusion and inclusion lists for lights, materials etc.
      They did it a bit differently - Brazil can have both inclusion and exclusion lists as it handles Shadows and Illumination exclusions separately. So instead of exposing properties, they put in a couple of methods.

Since I am trying to support all renderers in a script I am working on, I just wanted to know whether it is possible to access these lists in VRay.
      Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers,
      Bobo, freezing in Canada

Comment

Sorry to revive an ancient thread, but is there a way to access the light include and exclude lists via MaxScript now?

I was going to make a script to duplicate objects while maintaining the light includes/excludes of the original object.

Comment

Hello,

Yes lights now have:

excludeList
          includeList
          inclExclType

properties for exclude lists. When the light has an exclude list - then the excludeList property will contain the items and includeList will be undefined. If the list is an Include list - it's the other way around. inclExclType contains the Illumination/Shadow casting setting

Best regards,
          Yavor
          Yavor Rubenov
          V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Awesome. Thank you! I could not find the documentation on this.

Comment

Working...
            X