HELP me <:~(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP me <:~(

I've modelled a house for a school project. Only one problem... I have modelled it in the wrong scale so V-ray phuckes the renders up real good Looks like someone have sprinkled confetti all over the render.
    The house consists of so many different objects that I'm affraid MAX will phuck it up real good in very anoying way only MAX can if I try to rescale the whole house.
    Isn't there anything I can change in the V-ray setting that makes it possible for me to render this house of mine?
    As it is now. The house is 11 meters long where it should be so much larger.

Best regards // BôJâKâ

Check if there are any raytrace materials. If yes, replace them with Vray materials.
    If not, wait for somebody else who might have a brilliant idea.

It would help if you can post an image.

succes,

Marc

Comment

Oops, I'm affraid I answered to quick.
      Try chnaging the units set-up in MAX to the scale that comes closest to the one you want. It's under 'customize/ preferences/ general' and 'customize/ units setup' .

succes,

Marc

Comment

I was under the impression that vray was NOT unit specific. like in lightscape or other radiosity programs

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

what you need to do is ,,,,,,,
          1: save your vray presets for the renderer....
          2: start a new scene with the correct units....
          3: merge the origanal scene into the new correct unit scene....
          4ray

that should work...

all GI and Radiosity renderers are unit specific
          Natty
          http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by natty
            all GI and Radiosity renderers are unit specific

if i make a small simple scene and render,
            then i recreate it but 100 times larger, the scene renders identical for me.
            i dont think vray is like lightscape

Comment

but if you are talking about lightscape ....... lightscape you have to subdivide the mesh to refine the solution .....so in affect if you increase the scale of the model x 100 you will get 100 x less quality.

and the same in vray ..... because you are using a certain number of photons to hit parts of mesh ...... so if you tell photons to have a search distance of say 20 and then you change the model scale .... it gonna have an impact on the render ...... in my opinion
              Natty

Comment

To my knowledge vray is made to be idependent of the scene size, but of course it's best to keep inside normal sizes, and also close to the center.

/Thomas
                www.suurland.com
                www.cg-source.com
                www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

vray from my experience is unit specific in a few areas.

1. Photons....very unit specific. As Natty said.
                  2. Certain materials , especially wax type materials. Like my avatar, if i scaled that 100times larger and didnt change the material settings then it would not work properly.

If you just doing a simple render with a plane and a teapot, 1 omni and you use IR maps...then you wont really notice the difference. if the teapot is 30 units wide or 300units.

Its mainly the things that rely on distance and searching (how far light penitrates into a wax material, and how far vray searches for photons) that is unit specific.

I was having lots of problems getting my wax material to work.. the light never seemed the do what it was meant to. I then realised my candle was about the size of a house! So i scaled it back down to an appropriated size and all of a sudden the wax material was alot easier to work with.

A quick example would to make a simple room with a window. box n boolean. then setup a light, and use photons to render the scene, then scale everything up 500% and render again...

IMHO as usual

Comment

ok ...... example of photon

this image is to scale

this one is 100 x bigger

= 100x less gi
                    Natty

Comment

anyway all this doesnt help bojaka...

can you post you scene bojaka ?

im sure we can figure it out between us all
                      Natty

Comment

nice one Nat

bojaka:
                        shows us some screenshots of the render or post a scene and we will get it fixed up for you.

Comment

Huh.. what's up with that photo mannen

Last I heard from "Mr Bojaka don't wanna follow up his own thread" was that he actually managed to get a decent render via scaling up the model to it's natural size. However I have only seen a very tiny render on his cellphone, so I can't tell for sure

Comment

Working...
                          X