Question about mapping and Bright spots in render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about mapping and Bright spots in render

I have a scene with some glasses on napkins on a table. I render everything out and it is very nice.

I decided to add a little greeting card with a bitmap texture applied. When I rendered that, I got a ton of bright yellow dots all over the place. I turned off caustics, increased my GI settings and turned off secondary bounces.

I then turned all of my settings as low as they could go and turned off all glossy materials to test faster. Still got the blotches.

Then, I turned off tiling on the material and the splotches went away. I'm not sure I understand why that is. Has anyone else had this issue before? Again, I'm using the very low setting with VRay with no glossy materials...no raytraced materials...all VRay. I'm also using one spotlight with VRay shadows set to Inverse Square Illumination and a VRay HDRI.

It is a known issue with the bitmap plugin in Max, There is a replacement available in the documents page of the user area for Max 5 or you just need to turn on "apply cropping" in the bitmap and it will work. I have written a script to turn this on for multiple materials just follow the link at the bottom of my post.
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

Working...
    X