Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you change the type of exr saved when using Render to Vray raw image file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you change the type of exr saved when using Render to Vray raw image file?

Hi all

Just wondering if there is a way to do this, if not, is there a way to save all your vray elements with the exr using the max standard save file which you can change the exr compression type?

I know about saving the vrimg files and converting but that is such a pain Im hoping there is an easier way?

You can specify

EXR DEPT and Compression
    Layers
    Which layers
    How many bit per layer
    It has quite a lot of settings.
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

For me the only option within the "Render to Vray raw image file" is choose type, vrimg or exr, file name, and that is it? Where do I access these extra options?

Comment

With the vray frame buffer it now saves as zip per scanline according to vlado, and he'll be adding in the auto drop (datawindow) option on the next release. If you use the regular max save you can specify more options when you change the file type to exr.

Comment

Which 3ds Max and V-Ray version(s) are you using? I coded a small dummy render element that allows you to change these and other options.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

so DADALs information is incorrect?

Comment

Im using 3ds max 64bit wondows 7 with Vray 2.3

Comment

My information is correct if you are using standard 3ds max file handler. Not vray vrimg

Comment

Ok, thanks but to avoid confusion the thread states within the "Render to Vray raw image file" as to my knowledge you cannot save all your elements withina single exr using the standard max file handler.

Comment

Using standard max you can. Select output, type name.exr click anywhere on icon and Options will become available on left there you can specify all settings you need.

Comment

The standard Max file handler does not save your elements with the same exr though? You have to save them separately using the "Save seperate render channels" saver. That is why you have the "Render to Vray raw image file"? Or am I doing things wrong here?

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
                        With the vray frame buffer it now saves as zip per scanline according to vlado, and he'll be adding in the auto drop (datawindow) option on the next release. If you use the regular max save you can specify more options when you change the file type to exr.
                        Could you repeat that! In the next/newest version (2.30.01?) the multilayer .exr's from the Vfb are scanline? If so, happy days!
                        Last edited by m_hinks; 02-08-2012, 05:54 AM.

Comment

To be honest I have rendered out the exr, then re rendered this file in nuke and it seems much with the re-rendered version than original exr Vray produced? Haven't had any definitive times though.

Comment

Originally posted by irwit View Post
                            The standard Max file handler does not save your elements with the same exr though? You have to save them separately using the "Save seperate render channels" saver. That is why you have the "Render to Vray raw image file"? Or am I doing things wrong here?
                            Image speak for its all. They will be saved in 1 file at the end.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EXR.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	845887

Comment

They don't look like Vray elements though?

Have a teapot scene, render using vray elements, save out Vray_reflection Vray specular etc. Save the exr using your method described.

Open that file in nuke, you will have nothing but your RGBA.

Comment

Working...
                              X