Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-Ray 3.0 is scheduled for March next year ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really hope the BPTracer gets some more work. I'd love to see vertex merging in there. I have a scene that I have been only able to render in BPTracer. It pretty much never resolves in the other methods.
    I wish it wasn't broken in the nightlies. Our whole farm is on the nightlies for another reason.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      And V-Ray 1.5 is still quite a good engine after all. It's perfectly understandable that not everyone will find a need to upgrade.
      not that it adds anything to the discussion, but yes, I couldn't agree more. still using 1.5 everyday and I still find it an incredibly good piece of software.

Comment

My big request for VRay 3.0 would be the inclusion of realistic HDR procedural environments. Basically, just like Ozone, which has the most absurd licensing model I've ever come across for a plugin that does one thing only.
        Those guys at e-on software really know how to shoot themselves in the foot when it comes to licencing, charging for rendernode licences is a model that went out of fashion at least 10 years ago.

Oh yes, and please don't rush it out, there's very little money to go around at the moment. Unless, of course, you make it a free upgrade
        http://www.glass-canvas.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          But all in all, V-Ray is quite a mature engine now; whatever remarkable steps were easy to make, we have already made them. From here on, it takes an awful lot of work to make anything that looks "remarkable" in your trained eyes And V-Ray 1.5 is still quite a good engine after all. It's perfectly understandable that not everyone will find a need to upgrade.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          If you understand the situation, please don't give up for 1.5 for max2013. I have not lost my hopes yet.
          :: twitter :: Portfolio :: My 3D Products :: ...and ::

Comment

Ill second that! Its been fun to play with and I know rendering will be moving more toward this direction, its just a matter of time.

Thanks

-Michael

Originally posted by Dubbie99 View Post
            I really hope the BPTracer gets some more work. I'd love to see vertex merging in there. I have a scene that I have been only able to render in BPTracer. It pretty much never resolves in the other methods.
            I wish it wasn't broken in the nightlies. Our whole farm is on the nightlies for another reason.

Comment

Working...
            X