Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ETA for deep images from Vray

Hi all

I know these are working in the nightlies and seem to have been for a while, just wondering when they will make it into regular Vray? Could really do with them for a project I'm on but I cant use nightlies in production.

The nightlies do not contain OpenEXR 2.0 support yet. The nightlies support writing deep data as vrst files using the shademap workaround. I supposed this will change for a stable build to support deep data (as hinted in another thread, OpenExr 2.0 support is present in internal builds it seems).

There has been speculation about VRay3.0 beeing scheduled for March. But i got no idea if DeepData is on the list, nor if the date is correct hehe.

Regards,
    Thorsten

Comment

Is this same as comping in separate p-pass made from vraysamplerinfo ch?

Comment

Originally posted by irwit View Post
        I know these are working in the nightlies and seem to have been for a while, just wondering when they will make it into regular Vray? Could really do with them for a project I'm on but I cant use nightlies in production.
        You don't really need a nightly build for this; the deep writer plugins work with the official versions too. Email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com for more information.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by IVOR_IP View Post
          Is this same as comping in separate p-pass made from vraysamplerinfo ch?
          No, it's not quite the same thing.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

On a slightly related note is the exr datawindow being included in the nightlies? It'd save an additional conversion process for me which'll come in very handy for the next few months!

Comment

Cheers everyone for the info, I've emailed Vlado for the pluggin, any chance someone can point to towards a "how to" getting this shade map working in nuke?

Comment

Working...
              X