network license on a slave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• network license on a slave

Is there any way to have a network license for workstations on a slave machine? I can only seem to get it all to work if the slave machine with the license becomes a workstation. The slave machine is a render node that never gets switched off so it makes sense to have the network license on here.

Thanks,

Doesn't the network license live on the dongle? if yes, then where the dongle is, is where the license is.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

But the license sever needs to run on what ever machine the dongle is on. But if you install as a slave then there is no network license. I have just looked and you can install as license sever only but then I wont be able to use it as a slave :/

Comment

I see. I'm sure others have worked through the same thing, and they'll chime in soon. As for me, mine sits on my main workstation, which is probably the norm.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I have my network license for max and vray sitting on a slave. It's always worked fine for me. The only problem I've not been able fix is DR rendering through backburner but I can live without it.

When you install Vray on the slave just make sure and install all the WIBU key stuff. Then in your workstation Vray authorization settings point it to that slave by name or IP. Should work fine
          Greg

Comment

Hmm didn't work for me. I ended up installing the license on a separate server and then installing as normal on the slave.

Comment

One could place his V-Ray license server (with the dongle) on any machine he would like to. The server will spread authorizations around depending on the number of licenses it has been authorized for. V-Ray communicates with the license server just like a normal browser does using the http protocol, which means that a license server can be placed anywhere you wan it to.
              Note that the machine which is running the distributed rendering job will always participate in the render process.

You just make sure that all the machines used in the network are pointing to the machine having the dongle and the license service running.
              This could be done form here: Windows Start menu->Programs->Chaos Group->V-Ray..->Licensing->Administration->Change V-Ray client license settings.
              To check whether you have connected to the license service, open a web browser and write:
              http://servername:30304/getstatus
              (where servername is the name or IP address of the machine where V-Ray licensing service is running)
              This will opens a page with the V-Ray license server information.
              Best regards,
              Zdravko Keremidchiev
              Technical Support Representative

Comment

Working...
              X