vray frame buffer vs max framebuffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray frame buffer vs max framebuffer

ok so I'm currently using the vrayframebuffer for rendering out scanline exr's. So for this to happen the vray framebuffer must be active and rendering to the vray memory framebuffer. I'm also rendering around 10 renderelements as well all being packed in the same exr. Since the memory frame buffer is open during the renders, is there any advantage to doing it this way or could I just be using the max framebuffer? The reason I ask this is just because people have said there are differences in how render elements actually render between the two though I have never noticed any difference. And even if it is using memory during the render, is the vray frame buffer more efficient than the max frame buffer making it the preferred solution?

I need the scanline exr's and really have no opportunity to do a post convert on tiled exr's or vrimg's.

thanks,

V Miller

Originally posted by vance3d View Post
    The reason I ask this is just because people have said there are differences in how render elements actually render between the two though I have never noticed any difference.
    There is no difference unless the 3ds Max output gamma gets involved.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

so if i have the 3ds max output gamma set to 1.0 it should be the same as the vray vfb?

V Miller

Comment

Yes, at least as far as the RGB render elements are concerned; however integer elements like RenderID and ObjectID will be converted to color elements. Not sure about floating-point elements like z-depth, perhaps it will be converted to color too.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for the information. I'll do a test to see whats different.

V Miller

Comment

Working...
          X