Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• many vraylights - slow?

Hi,
    I would like to do an exterior rendering of an office building, the big glass faccade showing the inside offices, roughly 300 typical office ceiling lights visible. I tried to create lots of instanced visible vray light rectangles but even with very low subdivs the scene renders ages.

How do you create lots of visible and illuminating ceiling lights - light material?

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Matthias

Light materials work. It all depends on what you're after. Perhaps a picture of what you want would help?
    Colin Senner

Comment

Originally posted by digitarch View Post
      Hi,
      I would like to do an exterior rendering of an office building, the big glass faccade showing the inside offices, roughly 300 typical office ceiling lights visible. I tried to create lots of instanced visible vray light rectangles but even with very low subdivs the scene renders ages.

How do you create lots of visible and illuminating ceiling lights - light material?

Thanks a lot in advance,
      Matthias
      I remember seeing a post from vlado with 1024 vray lights in the render. With that said though, when you have that many actual illuminants in your scene, I think its best to use gi/interpolated irradience map to speed up rendering. In vray light there is an option to store with gi, which will make just that.
      Dmitry Vinnik
      Silhouette Images Inc.
      ShowReel:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
      https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Yes, storing your lights with your irradiance map will definitely speed it up, then those light settings and definition will completely depend on your IMAP resolution.
        Colin Senner

Comment

Working...
        X