Matte Object doesn't create shadow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matte Object doesn't create shadow?

When the target object is completely hide by a matte object, it suppose to be completely dark. I mean, the matte shadow pass should be completely dark, isn't it?

Is there any specific reason it happens this way? That also lead me to think my way of doing thing could be wrong, am I?

Vray 2.20.03, 3dsmax 2012

Click image for larger version

Name:	matte_shadow.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	330.4 KB
ID:	876656

Click image for larger version

Name:	matte_shadow_2.jpg
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	876657
    Last edited by tecsun; 21-08-2012, 10:28 PM.
    i7 2600k (OC), 16GB RAM, Geforce GTX560Ti, Win7pro, 3dsmax 2012

Hello tecsun,

First of all we would like to ask you what effects are you trying to achieve.
    In our tests the target objects is hidden by the matte object into the VrayMatteShadow Render Element.
    We are sending you a screenshot of your scene - as you can see the part of the objects which is behind the Matte Objects is totally black.
    On your screenshots "matte_shadow_2-5" could you explain us what shadow is weird and why floating box shouldn't cast shadows on the floor-matte object ?
    The main idea behind the matte-objects is to catch shadows from the other objects and to show the background.

We would like to have a detailed explanation of what you want to achieve in order to help you - it this case everything seams to work fine for us, but may be you are expecting a different result.

We are looking for your reply.Click image for larger version

Name:	matte.PNG
Size:	286.7 KB
ID:	845984
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
    X