Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray auto renames Extra Texture Render Element, how do I disable this???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray auto renames Extra Texture Render Element, how do I disable this???

Hi all

I'm having issues where my Vray extra texture keeps renaming itself, I believe this happens if the texture name changes? Anyway, is there a way to disable this "feature" as its a total nightmare to work with currently with RPManager and numerous Render Passes that keep remaning themselves ruining this Nuke comp?

We are having the same problem, along with added complications due to RPM. What you can do to avoid the auto-rename in your RPM passes is to make sure to rename your max bitmap in the meditor BEFORE ever adding it to the extra-tex slot. The issue seems to arise when you instance the bitmap into the render element then rename afterwards.

Comment

There's an issue with maxscript and the VRayExtraTex Render element, I've mentioned it to Vlado as it was messing up my own render pass management system....

With the render element when you assign the texture even via maxscript it updates the name, this is particularly annoying when you're using the getprops function as it returns the filename before the texture property, so if you set the filename it gets changed when you set the texture property, you have to put in an exception to set the VrayExtraTex filename after the texture has been set to avoid issues.

This could be a completely different issue, but it's quite annoying for a script writer to have to work around this when no other render element has this auto-rename issue.
      Maxscript made easy....
      davewortley.wordpress.com
      Follow me here:
      facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Would this be part of the problem with RPManager having issues too? Im sure it is worse now I am using it. Or maybe I just notice it more as I have to go through and rename 20 odd render layers, lol !

Comment

Not sure, try sending my above quote to the guy who writes RPManager and see what he says.
          Maxscript made easy....
          Follow me here:
          facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Hi, we have added an option to disable the auto rename when changing the texture. It will be available in the tomorrow night builds and future releases.

Best regards,
            Aleksandar
            Alexander Kazandzhiev
            V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Originally posted by aleksandar.kazandzhiev View Post
              Hi, we have added an option to disable the auto rename when changing the texture. It will be available in the tomorrow night builds and future releases.

Best regards,
              Aleksandar
              Great, Thanks!
              Maxscript made easy....
              Follow me here:
              facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

Comment

Working...
              X