• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deadline, love it.
    Colin Senner

Comment

Originally posted by MoonDoggie View Post
      Deadline, love it.
      How many boxes/cores do you run with it?
      David Anderson
      www.DavidAnderson.tv

Software:
      Windows 10 Pro
      3ds Max 2023.3 Update
      V-Ray GPU 6 Update 1

Hardware:
      Puget Systems
      TRX40 EATX
      AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core 3.69GHz
      2X NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
      128GB RAM

Comment

50 Render Slaves at work. Each with 8-16 cores.
        Colin Senner

Comment

Update - I've set up my two 12-core boxes and tried Deadline. Since I do single-frame high res files, i was disappointed in Deadline's "Tiles" approach in that I could not use VR DR at all. The images ended up taking longer than expected. So I came up with a way to use good old Backburner, but with DR that uses both boxes. Seems to work great and much faster. I will say though that the the lead Deadline developer said that there is a hybrid approach that will allow me to do the same thing. I'm trying to figure that out and if it works, it would be nicer i'm sure. I do like the DL Manager as well as the "Sanity Check" before sending something to the queue. Very nice.
          David Anderson
          www.DavidAnderson.tv

Software:
          Windows 10 Pro
          3ds Max 2023.3 Update
          V-Ray GPU 6 Update 1

Hardware:
          Puget Systems
          TRX40 EATX
          AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core 3.69GHz
          2X NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
          128GB RAM

Comment

What about royal render ? nobody use it ? I'd like to have some views on it because i'm planning to buy it, deadline is so expensive (but so powerfull indeed)
            http://tatprod.com/

Comment

Originally posted by pingus View Post
              What about royal render ? nobody use it ? I'd like to have some views on it because i'm planning to buy it, deadline is so expensive (but so powerfull indeed)
              Royalrender works very great with Vray for Maya, i have never used with 3ds.
              www.deex.info

Comment

I've heard good things about RR both in terms of software and support. Many on the XSI mailing list swear by it, it's also more affordable than Deadline, but does not support as many applications out of the box as deadline does as it seems (there is a list on their website). The important apps are there though, and it's a lot more affordable than Deadline too. I've been thinking in investing in RR too lately, and probably will.
                Stefan Kubicek
                www.keyvis.at

Comment

Does anyone know if RoyalRender works well with VRay/Max large stills? Can you see real time results as the image renders? Thanks!

Comment

Here's a vid of the new deadline features: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-VeiCCoDBw

Comment

Working...
                    X