Fprime Curiosity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fprime Curiosity?

Hey guys am curious about this Fprime renderer. My boss seems to always go to it because it very fast for R.T stuff. I have been watching him use it and it seems very fast compared to Vray R.T and Vray. Now dont get me wrong i will never change over from Vray i was just curious because there has got to be a reason for this to be fast. Maybe its calculating some cheats?
    PLAY
    www.kriscabrera.com
    kris@kriscabrera.com

Which part of V-Ray RT appears slower to you? The update response time, or the rate of noise reduction with time?

In any case, Fprime has highly adaptive image sampling; if the image has large areas of relatively smooth colors, it will update very quickly. V-Ray RT is more of a brute-force renderer.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

thanks for the reply vlado, yea it seems like Vray R.t responce time is a bit slow compared to fprime and like DOF and MB.
      Are you guys planning on implimenting an adaptive image sampling to R.T?
      Last edited by kriscabrera15; 30-08-2012, 01:52 PM.
      PLAY
      www.kriscabrera.com
      kris@kriscabrera.com

Comment

Yes, there is that; since V-Ray RT renders outside of 3ds Max, it takes a while to transfer the data for each change. We also rebuild all the acceleration data structures whenever geometry changes (including area lights), which can be slow if there are lots of objects. There is lots that we can improve in that regard though.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

yea thats mainly it for us we use alot of geometry in are scenes most the time and most of which are animating, but yea i look forward on any updates Thanks Vlado!
          PLAY
          www.kriscabrera.com
          kris@kriscabrera.com

Comment

Working...
          X