Poilished or Brushed Steel IOR ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got it.

I've got to do some tidy up of things and figure out the nicest way to make these curve values but I've got it. We have one issue with this now, and that is that you can't get script access to either the output curve of a map, the points on a fresnel curve or the swatches of a gradient ramp. Ideally what you'd be able to do is have a script that could read a metal scan file and then create a reflectivity map for you, but the only one that could do that is bercon gradient. It'd be much nicer to be able to keep the setup using only standard max maps but it'd mean a lot of manual setup would have to be done first.

Hmm. Lets get one of them working and see if the results are better than what we would have gotten previously. I feel a tutorial video coming on.

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
      Hmm. Lets get one of them working and see if the results are better than what we would have gotten previously. I feel a tutorial video coming on.
      Please do, I'd love to translate your findings to Maya as it'd be great to have a little more confidence in making metal materials.
      Maya 2020/2022
      Win 10x64
      Vray 5

Comment

Heya Deflamis - there's no need to look at the top curve, it's the bottom one that you've put into your output curve which is the only important one since that is the combined reflection and extinction to give you a simple amount of reflection. I'll pop something out today which I think should work.

Comment

Originally posted by snivlem View Post
          Please do, I'd love to translate your findings to Maya as it'd be great to have a little more confidence in making metal materials.
          Snivlem it's even easier in maya since the base gradient map has mel access -you don't need to be able to code it, but since you're putting in 90 entries for each gradient it makes things quicker.

Comment

Working...
          X