What is vrayhair.dra ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is vrayhair.dra ?

I'm trying to clean up my harddrive a bit and found this file in the user folder. It's nearly 2GB and I have one for Max 2012 and 2013. What's that for? Can it be deleted?

b
    Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
    e: brett@heavyartillery.com

It's created by the Hair&Fur modifier when it prepares its hair geometry for rendering. You can safely delete it.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Great. Thanks Vlado!
      Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
      e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Hey ! I've got really mass bugs with this temp file. Have you got more informations about it Vlado please?

For exemple when i got 10-20 object H&F in my scene, during the upload of those objects, i can have a DRA error that block render (i can only debug by killing process 3dsmax).
        Sometimes i've got VrayHairShader that switch between objects, i guess it come from that DRA file...
        http://tatprod.com/

Comment

Originally posted by pingus View Post
          For exemple when i got 10-20 object H&F in my scene, during the upload of those objects, i can have a DRA error that block render (i can only debug by killing process 3dsmax). Sometimes i've got VrayHairShader that switch between objects, i guess it come from that DRA file...
          It would be best to get us ways to reproduce these problems (scenes or step by step descriptions).

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
          X