• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Automator v0.9...! :)

I just can't stop scriptin'...!

Get it here:
    http://www.metinseven.com/menu_goodies.htm

Lemme know your ideas, comments, suggestions, feedback, praise, the works!

Cheers,

Metin
    Sevensheaven.nl — design | illustration | visualization | cartoons | animation

VERY WELL¡¡
    Its wonderfull Metin,thanks
    My suggestion
    Add reflection and refraction interpolation
    Add store with irradiance map and smooth surface shadows
    Very times i have to change all this values
    And please can you do some lightlistener to all vraylights that include all parameters? I saw one but not all parameters
    Very thanks and GREAT WORK¡¡

Comment

Thanks a lot Didjaja!

Your feedback is also much appreciated, although I'd like to wait a little until I've got more feedback from the others about the things everyone would like to see added and/or changed, because if I include all of the mentioned options, the script would become too extensive. I'd like to filter out the not really necessary, not really often used properties of the VRay materials and lights. Of course each of you will use other parameters more often than the other, but I'd like to have a top five of most used properties that are still missing in the script.

So please give me more feedback, guys!

Cheers,

Metin

P.S.: Didjaja, what sort of light lister functions would you like to see added to the script?

Comment

Well Metin,in materials i would like to see added:
        Glossys interpolation,reflect and refract
        And in vraylight:
        skylight portal
        store with irradiance map
        Only this
        Very thanks for this fantastic work Metin

Comment

Thanks again for your kind words.

Ok, what we've got so far:

Materials: the glossy interpolation stuff.

Lights: skylight portal and store with Irradiance Map.

Smooth surface shadows

Anyone else?

Thanks 'n' cheers,

Metin

Comment

Vray light

"Smooth surface shadows"

Comment

Thanks, added it to the list, although as far as I know the Smooth Surface Shadows option is not completely correct yet, or is it, Vlado? I've used it in the past and discovered that it can also cause artifacts in stead of smoothing them.

But maybe this will have changed in 1.1 and if Vlado didn't change VRay's MAXScript properties, the script will also work with 1.1.

Keep those wishes coming guys. I'm planning on improving the script this weekend.

Cheerio,

Metino

Comment

By the way, what do you think is more useful...?

- Keeping the toggle method for the checkbox switching.

Advantage: invert a selection all at once, for example turning off one array of lights and turning the others on with one click.

Disadvantage: If you want to turn everything off, you'll have to select the ones that are on and press the Toggle Selected button, in stead of simply switching all lights off with one click.

- Changing the checkbox switching to On (all or selected) and Off (all or selected).

Advantage: more control, so you can switch a whole array on or off without having to select the objects that have their checkbox on or off first.

Disadvantage: no more toggling to invert all checkbox states with a single click.

Of course I could insert both methods, but that would be a little bit too much I guess. Personally I tend to prefer the second method, but please tell me what you think.

Thanks and cheers,

Metin

Comment

I like the 2nd method
                  Eric Boer
                  Dev

Comment

Ok, thanks. I'll go for the 2nd method. Any more wishes concerning VRay automation, anyone? Or is my script simply perfect? ... or ... totally superfluous?

Cheers,

M7

Comment

Ok, the On and Off approach is implemented in the latest version: 0.6. Reload this page to refresh the screenshot above.

I hope to add more soon.

Cheers,

M7

Comment

hmm u trying to get into good books of santa tis year :P

good job dude ....very much appreciated

ps: am gonna download it now

Comment

Comment

Reload this page in your browser for an update of the screenshot above. Version 0.8 features VRay light color and all VRay material interpolation options.

Cheers,

Metin

Comment

VERY VERY VERY GOOOOOODDD¡¡¡¡
                              Its super useful Metin
                              I would like to see in vralight parameters
                              Option skylight portal
                              Option store with irradiance map
                              Difuse subdivs (numer of photons)
                              With this,your script will be PERFECT for me
                              Very thanks again Metin and again,GREAT WORK¡¡

Comment

Working...
                              X