vrimg2exr and material id

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vrimg2exr and material id

I can't seem to get vrimg2exr to put a material id channel into the exr file. It works fine if I make it split layers out into separate files, but it won't include that channel in a combined exr. I also tried using the demo of latest version of ProEXR on the vrimg files, but that can't see the material id channel either.

If I open the vrimg files in the VRay Frame buffer, everything is there.

Thanks.
    - Geoff

Have you got multiple material ID channels? I found with channels that had the same name as others, one would often overwrite the other in the final EXR as seen in nuke.

Comment

I just have one material id channel. I just rendered out a separate pass, so I'm getting around the problem for now.
      - Geoff

Comment

EXR's sometimes seemed to be funny about channel names when they're tagged internally according to instinct - as an example I had the same issue with two vrayzdepth elements looking fine in the buffer but one disappearing in the converted exrs!

Comment

I guess I should have mentioned that I also have Z-Depth and Velocity elements as well. I wonder if it matters what order I put the render elements in... no time to test that now, maybe later.
          - Geoff

Comment

Which program do you use to open the resulting .exr file? The material ID channel is an integer channel (not a RGB one) and programs like PhotoShop may have problems to understand it.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I am using the latest version of AfterEffects.
              - Geoff

Comment

Could you just render to 32bit EXR rather than VRimg?
                Chris Jackson
                Shiftmedia
                www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Would it be possible to send us the .vrimg file and an example scene with your setup to: support@chaosgroup.com
                  so we could investigate the issue further on. Also please include the V-Ray version that you are using.
                  Best regards,
                  Zdravko Keremidchiev
                  Technical Support Representative

Comment

Working...
                  X