Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For what can be used the aliased Render ID ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For what can be used the aliased Render ID ...

... since the missing antialiasing makes, that the masks doesn't match the rendering. Could it be possible to get an antialiasing?

Regards,
    Micha
    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

The purpose of the channel is to identify unambiguously the object that contributes most to a given pixel. Antialiasing would break this as it won't be possible to determine the exact object at the edges.

If you just need masks for your objects, you can use the multimatte element, or the VRayWireColor element.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Looks like the Material ID is the only channel that can be used at the moment at VfR, wire color doesn't works here.

I'm curious - which software is using aliased masks? I can't imagine the result, since at the rendering are not unambiguously object edges.

The render ID could be the quick way to create masks for many objects at the scene within one channel. Couldn't you add a second, antialiased render ID channel?

Comment

Originally posted by Micha_cg View Post
        I'm curious - which software is using aliased masks? I can't imagine the result, since at the rendering are not unambiguously object edges.
        F.e. custom software that would take the render ID output and a XML file that describes which ID corresponds to which object. Then as you move the mouse over the image, it can pull up information about that object from a database and display it.

The render ID could be the quick way to create masks for many objects at the scene within one channel. Couldn't you add a second, antialiased render ID channel?
        I had actually meant to do that (f.e. in 3ds Max, the material ID channel has an option to generate integer IDs or colors), but it was problematic for the render ID for some reason... I will probably get back to that at one point.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks,

Micha

Comment

Working...
          X