Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maxscript access to the include / exclude list on the vray extratex element?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxscript access to the include / exclude list on the vray extratex element?

Heya folks,

Does anyone know if this is possible? I've got a vehicle that needs lots of passes and some of the custom mattes are done using the vray extratex element. For the sake of consistency it'd be great to have the list of objects that each element is applied to brought in when you load in a render preset for the elements, but it loses them every time. I'd like to be able to script the lists of objects that go into each element but I can't find any details of this using the showproperties command for extratex.

Anyone any thoughts?

John

The following command will list the properties of the N-th render element:
    Code:
    re=maxOps.getCurRenderElementMgr()
    showproperties (re.getRenderElement N)
    where N is 0 for the first element etc.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    Last edited by vlado; 02-11-2012, 07:22 AM.
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Unfortunately it looks like the exclusion list of the ExtraTex element is not accessible from MaxScript. Will make a note to fix this.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

You're a star. It's a shame that 3dsmax doesn't carry over node lists or selection sets when you merge in objects or load render presets - it's able to carry in texture map information for the likes of the extra tex element so why not nodes too!

We'll get around it with selection sets for the minute but it'll be handy in future to totally automate setting up passes with a button.

Comment

Working...
        X