distributed rendering to single quicktime file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• distributed rendering to single quicktime file

can distributed rendering be set up to render a single quicktime file?
    i do large animations in quicktime but need to speed up the process.

y dont u try using a small file like a sphere and render it........see if it works.....jesus.........

Comment

C'mon Freak, be nice, I seem to remember you asking some similar questions not too long ago...

As for rendering to a quicktime, I don't know if it would work, If I remember correctly you are running Max 6 so I guess you can't try it.

I think that the risks of rendering straight to a quicktime file, will in the long term not save you time at all . Since if anything goes wrong you will have to render the whole thing over again, a lot safer to render to frames first.
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

yeah. im my company we never render to a video file. QT or AVI. Its always better to go with image sequences. Alot of people who render to QT or AVI tell me its because they dont have a post production program to put it back together like AE or premiere etc. All you need to do is open video post. Add an image input layer and select your image sequence as an ifl. then add an image output layer and voila... make your QT there.

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

I'd recommend rendering to stills, like the other guys say, and I'd also recommend using backburner for animations, not DR. Backburner is faster when rendering animations.
          Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Never render to a Video format, allways render to stills.
            What if the power goes out midway during a huge render?
            You can just start up where is failed is doing stills, but a video file would require starting from scratch.
            For network rendering use backburner, DR is for Large stills.
            Two heads are better than one ...
            ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

Working...
            X